Sunday, March 3, 2013

Burger-in-a-Bowl

For a quick bite to eat, add Mooyah to your must try list. I was pleasantly surprised to scope out their burger-in-a-bowl!

We took a walk to the neighborhood restaurant this afternoon for lunch to inquire about the new burger-in-a-bowl menu item. (Mooyah also has a lettuce wrap option, which is great and diet-friendly, but VERY messy and almost uncomfortable to eat. It's healthy, but I don't recommend it.)

Burger-in-a-bowl was an awesome idea! It's a great way to get a fast food fix without the greasy bun, and you save calories or WW points so you can enjoy fries too! The bowl was not messy at all, not greasy, and looked adorable, which is a plus! (See photo)

Let's get down to business: I ordered the turkey burger in a bowl (200 calories or 5 WW points) with lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, onions and mushrooms. You can pick a sauce, or dressing, but I stuck to ketchup to keep the fast food vibe going (less salad like) and to keep excess calories down. Since I went bun-less, I also had a small order, which isn't so small, of sweet potato fries for 7 WW points or 255 calories. I was surprised to learn how crunchy and delicious the sweet potato fries were. (Totally worth the bun tradeoff!)

All in all a great and filling fast food meal for under 500 calories- not too bad!



No comments:

Post a Comment