Saturday, March 28, 2015

Jimmy's Egg Restaurant

As I enter my final month of pregnancy, I feel like it's a good time to get back to blogging. I'm ready to ditch the pregnancy weight and crazy cravings when our sweet baby boy arrives get back on track with him! 

That being said- I'll make my blog come back with a great breakfast place (my favorite!) we found in the colony! Jimmy's Egg located off 121 and Main Street. (It's actually a Midwest chain!) 

What did I love about it? There are TONS of skinny options to choose from, and they all sounded super yummy! Rarely do I find a place with lots of great choices! It wasn't too far from our house, so we will be back (maybe with Baby Z!) soon to try more things.

Here's the scoop: there is a classic light menu called Skinny Jimmy. I posted the choices below with calorie counts. And, there is a New Years menu with more choices (see photo). All nutrition facts are on the Jimmy's Egg website (http://www.jimmysegg.com/home-m/) and sign up for their email and print your $3 off coupon before you go! 

I had the turkey sausage and eggs! (I love that you can have either turkey sausage or turkey bacon there!) I stuck with regular eggs, scrambled. (Baby needs the real deal while he's still growing!) If you swapped for egg beaters, you will save about 100 calories. Also, if you swap your toast for a dry English Muffin, you can save 50 calories... And they are equally as good! (Add back 25 calories for jelly pack.)

Next time, I'm going to try the Wheat Pancake Combo listed below or the Spinach and Sun-Dried Tomato sandwich from the New Years menu. Both look yummy and filling! 

A few random highlights I liked about Jimmy's Egg:
- Sugar Free Hazelnut Creamer was already on the table 
- They have coupons! 
- LOTS of great choices on the skinny menu to choose from
- It wasn't super crowded for Sunday Breakfast out
- All nutrition facts are on their website. 
- Good, fast and friendly service! 

Here is a look at some menu items: 

Skinny Jimmy Breakfast: Low-fat vanilla yogurt topped with fresh strawberries, fresh cut cantaloupe, a side of granola, and a toasted dry English muffin. 600 Calories

Turkey Sausage & Eggs: Two eggs cooked any style and two turkey sausage patties. Served with fresh fruit and dry wheat toast. 590 Calories

Sweet Potato Pancakes: Two low fat, no cholesterol sweet potato pancakes served with sugar-free syrup. 410 Calories

Bowl of Oatmeal: Served with brown sugar and raisins on the side. 380 Calories 

Over Light Pancake Combo: Two whole wheat pancakes, turkey sausage, and scrambled eggs made with Egg Beaters®. 570 Calories

Spinach & Mushroom Egg White Omelette: Egg white omelette with fresh spinach, mushrooms and tomatoes. Served with cottage cheese, and sliced tomatoes, and dry wheat toast. 480 Calories


No comments:

Post a Comment