Sunday, August 17, 2014

Global Peace- A Frisco Coffee Hidden Gem

Global Peace Coffee Factory is an awesome hidden gem among my co-workers, so I needed to check it out. Their Legacy and 121 location is somewhat off the beaten path from our usual Plano/North Dallas eateries, but worth the easy drive up Legacy any day of the week. Besides, who doesn't love great coffee- near or far, hot or cold! 

Here are some of the highlights:
- I absolutely love Guilt-Free Coffee choices! Get your latte, drip coffee or frappe made with one of their sugar free syrups for zero added calories. Choose from SF Vanilla, SF Hazelnut, or SF Carmel. Awesome! All too often, non chain coffee shops have no SF syrups, or only vanilla, so I found this impressive. I had an iced coffee with SF Hazelnut, skim milk and Splenda- delicious! Estimated calorie count: 20 calories for the milk. 
- The Orange Decor is super fun and cheerful. I also loved the 'hidden' seating upstairs. What an adorable atmosphere! Plus, each booth has an electric outlet, so charge your device over a guilt-free coffee! + free wi-fi!
- Build your own guilt-free breakfast sandwich for only $3.99! This is great. First choose your bread: English muffin, bagel thin or tortilla (all great options estimated at 120 calories each to be safe. Stay away from the croissant, who needs it! Plus it costs extra!) Second, choose your meat: go with the turkey or turkey bacon. Yum! Or choose both for extra protein and only 75 cents more! (Estimated 40 calories each to be safe.) Third, choose your cheese: Swiss, Cheddar, or Provolone. At most places, I would skip the cheese, but this time- I figured I could splurge since the sandwich and coffee is already a great choice, plus-I just finished Zumba :). (Estimated 70 calories each.) Side Note: I also asked for egg whites. No problem and no up charge- Way to go Global Peace! So... Bagel Thin Sandwich with egg whites, turkey and provolone: estimated 260 calories! And yummy, of course! My husband went with the Tortilla, turkey slices, turkey bacon, egg and cheddar: estimated 330 calories. Mix and match to create a sandwich you will love! 

Now, I believe there use to be a Plano location on Park and Preston- but it's gone. Lame! So, instead- make your way to Frisco one day soon for this great, guilt-free find!


No comments:

Post a Comment