Sunday, March 30, 2014

BJ's Enlightened Picks

Become enlightened by the new items (and classics) available on the Enlightened Entrées menu at BJ's Brewhouse. While my ordering tips below also include low-cal options off the fun, guilt-free menu, everything on lighter menu contains 795 calories or less. Honestly, I find that calorie count really high, so I'd stick to the options under 600. 

Cocktails:
Three Enlightened Cocktail choices under 130 calories- all served in a pretty big glass! 
- Skinny Rita: Tequila, Agave, Lime, and Orange. The orange makes it really good!

-Mojito Lite: Bacardi Rum, Sugar Free Triple Sec, Fresh Lime and Mint, and Club Soda. I loved the taste! Highly Recommend.

-Guilt-Free Cosmo: (not my thing, so I didn't try it) Vodka, Sugar Free Triple Sec, Cranberry Juice, Lemon and Lime.

- or, you can always go with a classic vodka and club soda with lemon and lime!

Shareable Appetizers/Small Bites:
There aren't any listed on the menu, but here my top, guilt free picks.
-Ahi Poke: 420 calories for the full order. Delicious ahi tuna with onions, diced avocados and wonton chips.

-Flatbread Pizzas: 90-110 Calories per slice. Choose from 4 options- California Club, Margarita, Roasted Veggie, Extreme Pepperoni

-Stuffed Spinach Mushrooms: 230 for the full order (includes 6). These are really good! - My top pick!
Giant Mushrooms filled with Spinach and Artichoke Dip, feta cheese, red onions, bread crumbs and parmesan cheese, then topped with a drizzle of lemon pesto sauce.

Enlightened Entrees:
(My picks, not the full menu. I omitted  the items that didn't interest me, and ones over 610 calories. View the full menu here: http://www.bjsrestaurants.com/menus/enlightened-entrees)

-Cherry Chipotle Glazed Salmon 
(My top pick! Great taste and filling portion size for the calorie count)
490 Calories
Oven roasted Atlantic salmon topped with a cherry chipotle glaze, roasted asparagus and tomato spinach couscous. 

-Seared Ahi Salad 
(My friend ordered this, and really enjoyed it! The size was filling and the Ahi tuna was well-done... In a good way!)
490 Calories
Baby field greens, cabbage, romaine and red bell peppers tossed with rice wine vinaigrette. With tomatoes, avocado, pickled cucumber, cilantro, wasabi, crisp wonton strips and green onions. 

-Hawaiian Mahi-Mahi 
(Love it! My go-to choice... Until I tried the cherry salmon above- but still yummy!)
420 Calories
Oven roasted mahi-mahi served over stir-fried vegetables and roasted pineapple fried rice mixed with a spicy soy ginger sauce then topped with snow peas, red bell peppers and sesame seeds.

-Honey Lime Seared Scallops 
(Very tasty, but a small portion. A good choice if you share a few appetizers first, or want an extra cocktail!)
350 Calories
Seared scallops topped with tomato, basil and honey lime vinaigrette. Served with oven roasted asparagus and garlic seasoned brown rice.


-Lemon Thyme Chicken 
(Just over 600 calories, so I kept it on my list. I hope to try it soon.)
610 Calories
Herb-roasted chicken breast served over brown rice, topped with sautéed onions, tomatoes and Brussels sprouts in lemon thyme sauce. 

-Moroccan Spiced Salmon 
(Next on my to-try list!)
500 Calories
Oven roasted salmon with a savory blend of spices, served over roasted vegetable couscous. Topped with pickled cucumbers, red onions, toasted almonds and green onions and drizzled with red pepper sauce.

Desserts:
BJ's is famous for their Pizzookie... If the table orders one to share, have a small bite to taste... The whole thing is around 1,100 calories- depending on the flavor. Eek!!! 

Instead, have a scoop of ice cream, a second cocktail, or suggest going out for fro-yo! 

All in all, a great guilt-free eating out option for date night, family night, or out with friends! They have lots of options, which I love, and their site lists all the nutrition facts- awesome! 

No comments:

Post a Comment