Saturday, January 18, 2014

Outback Steakhouse Picks

Let me start off by saying that usually, I'm not a steak eater. In fact, I often stay away from red meat in general... However, when I can order a juicy 6oz sirloin with steamed veggies, and a crisp salad with tangy vinigarette dressing for under 550 calories and only $10.99... I'm in! Hello Outback Steakhouse!

Outback's menu features a great "Under 600 Calories" menu. Choose from Meals like Grilled Chicken on the Barbie, the 6oz Sirloin, Perfectly Grilled Salmon, Shrimp on the Barbie, and Grilled Mahi-Mahi. Pair your main dish with mixed veggies, steamed broccoli, or grilled asparagus PLUS a side salad (without cheese if you want to save 30-40 calories) and their Tangy Tomato Dressing.

You can mix and match main dishes and sides easily on their website with a handy dandy nutrition calculator to create the perfect meal for you! My DELICIOUS 6oz sirloin with mixed veggies, a house salad with tangy dressing clocked in at 523 calories! It was really tasty and filling! Highly recommend! 

Now- some additional Outback Steakhouse callouts: First, their menu has 2 under 150 calorie cocktails- a skinny margarita and a cosmo made with Skinny Girl Vodka (fun!). They are on my "to try" list! Second, if you need something sweet after dinner, their menu offers cake pops that aren't too high in calories. Personally, I'd rather save those 200 calories for something bigger at home from the grocery store, but not a bad option for a restaurant dessert. Finally, I'll point out that Outback's bread is pretty good, and it hard not to eat it! One loaf has an estimated 200-250 calories- without butter, so feel free to cut yourself a skinny slice or two! 


No comments:

Post a Comment