Thursday, November 21, 2013

Skinny Pie - Brooklyn's Pizza

Introducing "The Skinny Pie" at Brooklyn's Old Neighborhood Pizzeria- 10" inches of super thin and crispy pizza topped with a light amount of cheese and light toppings!

Note- while I am a New Yorker at heart, and I will always love the taste of a giant slice of greasy, cheesy NY pizza.... The calorie and fat count just ain't worth it sometimes. Instead, it's important to me to find yummy alternatives. 

We stumbled upon Brooklyn's in Frisco during a random work day lunch outing. As usual, I struggle with pizza places for lunch. Chances are, there's no healthy option.... But alas, Skinny Pie was on the menu! Our group shared a giant family size salad (huge amounts of chopped lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, and red onions) with low-cal Italian dressing on the side. Never hurts to fill up on salad before a carb-full meal. (I'd estimate less than 100 calories for the dressing and 2 WW points, max). The side salad is huge and so is the family size shareable version, so eat up! 

When my pizza arrived, I was surprised to see how thin the crust was. See photo. You can tell the crust is thin, and the cheese is light. What a great idea! I ordered mine with mushrooms and pineapple, but choose from all the veggie options you'd like for only $6.99! 

I'm iffy on the calories and points. I couldn't find them published anywhere, so I sent an email and will update here if they write me back. Based on the Papa Murphy's deLight Take and Bake pizza, I'd estimate 10 WW points and 400-500 calories. It really depends on the oil amounts used. 

Either way, it's healthier than the thick crust, loaded cheese alternative, so dig in! 

There are 4 locations: 
Allen
NW Corner of Alma & McDermott Dr. 
1314 W. McDermott Dr. #170 
Allen, Texas 7501

Frisco
SE Corner of Legacy & Lebanon
5729 Lebanon Road, Suite 100 
Frisco, Texas 75034 

McKinney
4900 Eldorado Parkway #140 
McKinney, Texas 75070

Plano
NE Corner of Hedgcoxe & Ohio
4637 Hedgcoxe Road, Suite 116 
Plano, Texas 75024 


No comments:

Post a Comment