Thursday, October 24, 2013

Great Outdoors=Great Lunch Find!

Great Outdoors=Great Lunch Find!

For lunch today, I discovered the Great Outdoors! How did I not know about this place? I was so impressed by their Eat Out Healthy (EOH) menu proudly posted with Weight Watchers points already calculate for you- awesome! (I calculated the points, to verify they were correct, just in case... They were!)

My usual sandwich/sub pick is a simple turkey with no cheese- it's a good go to healthy choice, however- this unique menu feature a tuna sub made with Fat Free Mayo- awesome! I've never seen that at a restaurant before. Had to try it! (For reference, the Subway Tuna 6" clocks in at 480 calories, 13 WW points- and no Fat Free alternative. Not awful, but not great.) 

This FF Tuna on white clocks in at 360 calories and 9WW points. The tuna with fat free mayo was made with crunchy celery mixed in- yum! Plus, I topped off the sub with lots of veggies- lettuce, tomato, sprouts (which you can't get at subway!), pickles, and onions. Additionally, I grabbed a bag of baked lays on the side for an additional 3 WW points. This location in Frisco offered regular, sour cream and onion and BBQ flavors.

The EOH Menu also features a roast beef option, grilled chicken, turkey, turkey pastrami (yum- and hard to find!) and ham subs, all for 8-9 WW points. Their chicken noodle soup also looks good with awesome stats of 119 calories, 3 WW points.

What to stay away from? The desserts! Their chocolate chip cookie has 400 calories, 11 WW points- eek! Also, some of the 17 WW point subs with over 700 calories: Cheesteak Sub, Meatball Sub, Invention Sub... And worst of all, Peanut Butter, Banana and Honey Sub with 766 calories, 20WW points or the Outdoorsman with 792 calories, 20 WW points- Oy Vey!

All in all, a great menu for the Great Outdoors!

(In case you were wondering, my sub was so good that I forgot to get a picture... Maybe next time!)



No comments:

Post a Comment