Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Review: New Taco Bueno "Bueno Choice" Menu

After reading about the new "Bueno Choice" menu at Taco Bueno, I was excited to check it out. As usual,  I was pleasently surprised by the new, guilt-free options... Especially the Chicken Tortilla Soup. I love finding new guilt free menus!

To start, the Bueno Choice Skinny Bowl is a clever addition to a fast food restaurant's menu. The bowl is very similar to a Chipotle Chicken Burrito Bowl, but smaller and less expensive. The bowl includes lettuce, black beans, grilled onions and peppers, corn salsa, grilled chicken, and a chipotle citrus dressing (I opted to use salsa instead of the dressing.) For 371 calories,  (who knows how they figured that exact amount out!) the bowl makes a wonderful meal option. Very filling and a super alternative to greasy nachos or a fat-filled not so healthy taco salad. (The Bueno chicken salad has 835 calories- eek!) 

The Bueno Choice tacos are nothing special. Chicken (or beef), lettuce, and pico in a crispy shell or flour tortilla- meh. I'd save the 150 calories (5WW points) for something more exciting in your day. Note- I can't speak for the beef tacos, but if you choose to order the chicken, there are two options: regular and fajita chicken. They are practically the same, so save yourself the 60 cents and opt for the regular.

Finally, the Bueno Choice Chicken Tortilla Soup was the highlight of the menu. It's spicy-beware- but very good. The flavorful base is met by a pretty good amount of juicy chicken. I was pleasantly surprised by this menu item. It's worth going back for.

My advice: For a filling and yummy meal- order the Bueno Choice Skinny Bowl and Bueno Choice Chicken Tortilla Soup. (Roughly 430 calories or 11 WW points for the full meal.  Please note, I can't find the exact nutritional facts for the Skinny Bowl online, so my calculations are an estimate based on Chipolte's stats. If I come across the full nutrition facts, I'll be sure to share.)

It's more Bueno with Bueno Choice! 



No comments:

Post a Comment