Saturday, June 8, 2013

Restaurant Find- Cotton Patch

Cotton Patch is one of places that never seemed exciting enough to check out, so  I had never eaten there. But, I recently read about their Heart Healthy menu and I got a coupon in the mail, so I was intrigued to check it out.

The Heart Healthy menu only has three choices, which was disappointing, but you only order one dish, so it works out! The menu includes a grilled chicken dish with "skinny veggies" and rice (561 calories), a blackened tilapia dish also with "skinny veggies" and rice (477 calories - talk about an exact amount!) and a grilled salmon dish with veggies and no rice (319 calories). 

I ordered the blackened tilapia, and I was pleasantly surprised. The fish was thick, fresh, and seasoned very well. The veggies and rice were good too! For 477 calories, it was a filling choice. I also had a Caesar salad before the meal for an extra 115 additional calories. The salad was hearty, crisp, tasty and worth the added calories. One thing to make note of, is to beware of the yummy bread they bring before the meal. I had a taste of one. While they were yummy, the oily carb was not worth the extra calories!

Next time, I'll try the grilled chicken dish either way, I'd recommend the Heart Healthy menu at Cotton Patch for from an easy, chill night out! 

See the full nutritional facts here: http://www.cottonpatch.com/images/menu/cpc_nutritional.pdf


No comments:

Post a Comment